Monday, June 8, 2009

When I Question My Memory

I just pull out my old pictures and see what I can find to confirm or dispute.

In the early 60s, some guy came around recruiting folks to go to some place in Central or South America. The deal was free land in exchange for homesteading, sort of like the old west. We got as far as having passport photos and then it all fell apart.

I've often wondered if it was a real deal and how life would have been different if had been the great opportunity my father yearned for. Hopefully we wouldn't have ended up drinking Kool-Aid.

PS I love that only my younger sister was smiling.

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

Have I told you how much I am enjoying your family photos!? This one is a little like an Andy Warhol, don't you think?

smartz said...

Oh yeah! You've got something there. I've been having a hard time relating to that teenager in the photo. Maybe that explains it!