Sunday, November 8, 2009

Somewhere I Have Never Traveled

One of life's pleasures is discovering universal stories told in languages other than mine. Yesterday, Cindy, Shie-fang, and I went to the Taiwan Film Festival in San Francisco to see Somewhere I Have Never Traveled. It's an extraordinary film from first time Director/Writer Fu-Tien Yu, with stellar performances by first time actors. Hopefully it will be released elsewhere and made available on DVD. For more info: http://www.sffs.org/screenings-and-events/fall-season/taiwan-film-days.aspx

2 comments:

William Pogi Chua said...

The title alone touches a chord from my youth; let's see:

somewhere i have never travelled,
gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

I'll search for the DVD. Thanks for sharing =)

smartz said...

I hope you get to see this film. It really is lovely. And thank you for sharing your poem.