Saturday, March 14, 2009

Looking for S. Kumar

I'm addicted to a form of "found art." The sort of stuff that shows up in thrift stores and garage sales. The above cropped image was acquired from my local Goodwill for $6.00.

The artist signature is a series of vertical ink scribbles; the back has a note taped on: "S. Kumar SKU/SEP' 03/18/)S/SSVA Ink & Water Colour."

Internet searches for S. Kumar produce a lot of technical /engineering references and a gallery in India that showcases a great collection of modern paintings from 2007. But nothing that I can trace to this piece. I love a mystery!

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

Smartz! Do you realize this could be worth 10 of thousands??? We've got to stay on this mystery. Of course if we solve it it won't be a mystery, huh?

smartz said...

Maybe I can create a museum of mystery art.