Sunday, August 9, 2009

True Friendship

"Those truly linked don't need correspondence. When they meet again after many years apart, their friendship is as true as ever." Deng Ming-Dao

Two weeks ago today, through the miracle of the internet, I received an email from an old friend, Yvonne. We first met 30 years ago in Southern California when she and a friend were looking for a place to rent. With little hesitation, I moved my two teenage boys into one room and moved the two Brits in.

Renters turned into friends, and after they returned home, I visited England where Yvonne put me up for FIVE weeks. A true friend indeed! Yvonne, her husband, and their two sons just spent a couple of days with us here in Hollister. It was thrilling to renew our connection, confirming that friendship knows no boundaries of distance or time.

3 comments:

CJGallegos said...

I love stuff like this. The need to connect and to maintain the threads which link us together is appsolutely essential. Glad you connected!

Cindy Cornell said...

Wow Yvonne has not changed at all that much. What an amazing amount of time has gone by!

smartz said...

Yes, I'm quite sure she has a portrait hidden in the closet back home :)