Friday, April 17, 2009

Woo Hoo!

We're on a roll! We--I actually helped with some of this part--removed the garage wall stucco down to the bones. (See the small mountain of debris on the left.) This will be the living room wall.

This weekend John and his friend Verne are installing the plate and detail. (See the big hunks of lumber that will hold everything in place). The following weekend a gang of big strong guys will show up to install the shear and roof trusses (aka framing).

I think I got this all right. It's so exciting! We're looking at a potential July completion, to be followed by a gigantic party. You're all invited!

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

You realize of course you have just invited the entire population of the world to your new house?! Congratulations! This is TOO exciting. I can hardly wait for your 1st writing weeekend!

smartz said...

Me too! It's been a hard three years. And it's still hard at times. Sometimes my son is sooo sensitive to the most modest of questions about the project. Oh well. It's actually happening and I'm excited.