Monday, April 20, 2009

Mother's Day Project Update


My after school students are working hard on their Mother's Day project. Here's an example.

My Mother's Hands


My mother's hands are gentle and soft
as the softest velvet.
They hold my hands
and hug me when I really need a hug.
They fed me when I was a baby
and now they serve me my food.
Nothing makes them happier
than good news from school or chorus.
These hands will teach me better cursive
and take me to my favorite restaurant.
"You can be a doctor or a veterinarian,"
my mother reminds me
everytime I ask her about when I grow up.

Ana, 5th Grade

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

Ana is a lucky girl, Both for her mother and for you.

smartz said...

I'm so pleased with the results so far. If you give them the right framework--good structure with lots of room for their own thoughts--they will always come through. It's my favorite activity with them.