Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where I've Been and Why

For the last couple of weeks, I stepped in as Acting Site Coordinator for my old After School Program: stepped back into long work days, innumerable problems, systems ignored or mismanaged, non-compliance with reporting requirements, etc. In the end, I failed to make any lasting effect.

Sometimes you just have to move on. So, this week, I turned my head, ignored the problems, and I went back to my Monday/Tuesday subbing for Ms. Mendoza. Alas, sometimes the best strategy is to focus on what you can change and leave the rest to fate.

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

Smartz...it is too bad the system loses compassionate, competent people like you. You can't give 110% forever.

smartz said...

That's the sad truth. But, I came away from the experience feeling good about what I did as the "big cheese" for 5 years, and a continuing commitment to the kids.