Sunday, February 1, 2009

Even Steven

Twilight in the Grand Canyon by RC Gorman

When my ex-husband and I were negotiating our divorce settlement, I chose to relinquish my interest in the fine art we had collected together (notably an RC Gorman and a Miguel Martinez) in order to keep numerous works acquired from local artists that were featured on Papier-Mache book covers. I've never regretted that decision but I have felt an empty space in my life. No more! When I finally have a new home, it will be graced by a gorgeous Gorman lithograph.

2 comments:

CJGallegos said...

Are you buying a new one or breaking into Mr. X's house and taking the original?

smartz said...

Oooooh! I know now I should always consult with you before making any important decisions. It would have been sooooo much cheaper:>)