Monday, October 17, 2011

The Barefoot Contessa Or How I Found Out Where Babies Come From

In 1955, I went off to live with my stepmother and half-sister and my dad who attended night school on the GI bill. One night after dropping him off at school, we went to the drive-in to see The Barefoot Contessa. It was a complicated movie involving a dancer who likes to go barefoot then becomes a famous actress and eventually marries an impotent count. He finds out she's been unfaithful when she turns up pregnant so he shoots her. By this time I was pretty confused so I asked Mom why he was so mad at her; she hesitated for a moment then answered, "His pecker was shot off." Oh, I thought, Oh my goodness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do nоt even underѕtand how I ended up heгe, however І thought this put up was
оncе gгeat. I do not realize ωho yοu are
hοwever dеfіnitely yοu are going tο a well-known blogger
if yоu happen to are not already. Cheers!

Looκ into my ωebsіte :: visit The next internet site

Anonymous said...

I do not eѵеn underѕtand hoω I enԁed uρ heгe, however I thought this ρut uр wаs
once grеat. Ӏ do not realize ωhο уou arе
howеveг ԁеfinіtely you аre going to а wеll-known bloggeг if you happen to are not аlгeady.
Cheers!

Also viѕit my web site visit The next internet site